80% Grenache, 20% Syrah
Grown in clay soil with limestone in the slopes and lots of gravel on the terraces, this wine comes from 50 year old vines of Grenache and Syrah totaling 6ha. The grapes are hand-harvested separately and crushed, then undergo a 2 day pre-fermentation cold soak. A traditional style of spontaneous fermentation follows in 150hl stainless steel tanks and lasts about 20 to 30 days with daily delestage. About 30% of the resulting wine is aged in 1 and 2-year old barrels for 6 to 12 months while the other 70% is aged in stainless steel vats.
Multiple generations of the Rieffel family have lived in Mittelbergheim and the family house and buildings date to the 15th century. Lucas is the third generation in terms of bottling and...
Anne-Sophie Dubois is a part of a young generation of vignerons redefining the identity of Beaujolais. Born and raised in Champagne, she caught the wine bug early and spent her...